Dear Drea,
I'm too boring to think of a clever quip today. Not that any of my entries are clever or qualify as quips. Do you see where I'm going? I'm void of all intelligent thought. So you get a letter of your very own, because it is you I want to e-mail anyway. So, we will, as they say, kill two birds with one stone, though I do not condone killing birds, or anything else for that matter. I'm so PROUD of you for sticking to your lenten commitment of living sans shopping. In case you were wondering, blowing all of your money within 24 hours of Easter does not negate this in any regard, by the way. Doesn't it suck to totally WANT to be ethical, socially conscious, an informed consumer, a feminist and economicaly savvy except you can't because you have to BUY things you DON'T need because your educated brain shuts down at the SIGHT of them? Yeah, I know. It sucks.
I'm really excited about seeing you at your birthday party, yay!
Love,
Your Friend
P.S. I HEART your voicemails

1 comment:
I was so delighted to read this post, and not just because it was addressed to me. It makes me feel better that I am not the only person who falls to temptation at Target and T.J. MAXX. It's true I feel guilt you speak of. But the cuteness of my shoes and purse can help me get through a rough day.
I am ALSO very excited about seeing all my friends (or most therof) at the same locale, not to mention all the fun things we will have to comment on afterwards (there are two other bars much less tame- there you know)--"Dear Girl Wearing Fishnets and a Bustier . . ."
-Dr. Dre
Post a Comment