So, I sort of went back and forth about this. Should I save each of the letters I want to write as drafts and tackle them when I'm not reading, writing, studying, working or teaching? Or, should I just communicate them in an unoriginal haphazard list that does not give you the benefit of understanding my reasoning?
The list won. I will address them in descending length order.
So:
1. There is something decisively perverted about purity balls.
-A. When I was 14, talking to my Dad about sex was right up there with stabbing myself in the chest. When I was 17, we had moved beyond that, and our shared thoughts about sex were composed of an understanding that if Joe was ever in my room someone would die. Now that we are both adults, we are far too mature for such things, and communicate about sex the way any father and daughter should: change the subject when it comes up and fumble for the remote when something gets too steamy on TV.
-B. With the aforementioned in mind, I find it screwed up to have an 11 year old devote a whole night to NOT having sex. And, if it is the case that they are shielding the daughter from what the symbolism means and it is more for the father, he could just take her bowling or something. I find the whole thing to be an event where a father gets together with a bunch of guys from church to show off that he owns his daughter's body (for now.) Don't even get me started on the T-Shirts. *
2. There is an appliance at my house that is totally underrated. It's called a WaterPick, and the one we have is way older than I am. I will overlook the fact that it is yellow and at one time was probably white. I will take solace in the fact that it was been thoroughly cleaned a million times, and, in my mind, is as good as the day it was new. If you have never experienced the wonderful goodness of warm water and mouthwash shooting at your teeth at 10 miles per hour, you have no idea what you are missing. If you have the means, I highly recommendpicking one up. The proper name for it is a Personal Oral Irrigator, which I'm glad is not printed on mine anywhere, or I would have never used it.
3. There is one thing Canadians do way better than us. They say "washroom" instead of "bathroom."
4. Ever wonder what was happening at the teachers lounge while you were at lunch? Now I know. It was the same thing you were doing at lunch: talking trash about your classmates. And yes, they use the same language. This is not a judgement call. Just a fact.
5. It makes no sense whatsoever to suspend a student for skipping. Try to add that one up.
-A. If you agree with me on this, do not voice this opinion at the aforementioned teacher's lounge. You will be shut down.
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Can I say that you had me ROFL a number of times. Crying too (from laughter.)
I love your blogs THIS MUCH. My life would be less meaningful without them, you should know this.
Oh, and I picked up a little habit when I dated a guy from Canada using 'washroom', and I still use it b/c it is the preferred usage in my opinion.
Post a Comment