Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Please Welcome A Guest Blogger

Dear Gas Pricers:
I wanted to drop you a quick line and let you know that I have never been fooled by the "9" you place in the "tenths," place in the price of gas on the signs. Yes, I know that when you list the price of regular unleaded gas at $2.89.9 that it is really only a tenth of a penny away from being $2.90. Yes, I know that if I fill up my tank with 10 gallons of gasoline at the "higher," price the difference would total a whopping ONE CENT.
So, might I suggest just putting the freaking whole number on the sign? I've noticed many of your establishments running out of space now that the #2 must go first. Why not just drop the nine? I doubt that you are going to change, but I felt obligated to let you know that I am onto your game and from now on I will actually buy one penny less of gas each tank just so it all works out.

Regards,
Mike

2 comments:

KayMac said...

hilarious!

KayMac said...

forget the guest blogger...we want angela...we want angela....we want angela!