Dear Americans,
Contrary to popular belief, today is not about iconographic symbols like our flag or George Washington. Today is about bucking the system, and rallying together to kick ass and get what we want. Perhaps this is selfish, but I digress.
I challenge you today: instead of pledging allegiance to our flag, pledge allegiance to the idea of raising your voice, organizing to fight for what is right, and leaving a just legacy to our children.
Help your neighbor with their chores, and when you are finished, write a letter to your congressman. Tell them you want everyone who lives under the stars and stripes to be able to receive medical attention.
Go to your bar-b-q. Recycle your beer bottles.
Turn down Lee Greenwood and crank up Rage Against the Machine.
Love,
A Patriot
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
yes. ange. well said. Equality has been a ever present issue in my life lately and i feel trapped by my job because of my "insurance". But it's one of the only jobs that offer domestic partner health insurance in case we need it.
P.S. I have been doing my research...
I didn't help my neighbors with chores but I did help one of the blue hairs who fell in her house up. he was so sweet and scared. I'm glad we were here to help.
Um. You called her a blue hair.
Post a Comment