Friday, January 05, 2007

William J. Gwin


In celebration of my Grandpaw's life, here are things he got a kick out of:

1)Leadin' tha singin' at church. What a Friend We Have in Jesus was his favorite.
2)Telling stories. (About growing up in southern Illinois, the navy, and General Motors)
3)Arguing with and teasing his sister Flo via long distance phone call.
4)His grandkids, neices, and nephews.
5)When his pastor would tell a joke on Sunday. (And we would, in turn, hear it each and every day until the next time he told a joke on Sunday.)
6)Monte Carlos
7)Werther's Originals (which he always had in his front pocket.)
8)Assorted crap from mail order catalogs.
9)Oprah. I forgave him of this only in death.
10)Life!




P.S. 2007, you are SLACKING.

5 comments:

KayMac said...

He sounds like such a wonderful guy! What a blessing he must have been.

Tracey, in MI said...

A real grandpa with real werthers in his pocket? I hope you'll share some of his stories.

Anonymous said...

I will miss his warm smile and his sweet sounding southern accent. He always called me sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

he sounds sweet! who is 2007?

Anonymous said...

Uncle Bill was/is the biggest sweetheart EVER!!!!! I love him so much and will miss him SO much!!
He meant the world to me!
He will be forever in our hearts!!